The Finance Committee helps to manage the budget, fees, expenditures and financial policies of the College. The committee reports to and makes recommendations to Council but does not have the authority to make decisions. The College's budget, fees, expenditures and financial policies are set by the Council.
- Review and provide recommendations to the Council regarding annual budget(s) including recommendations with respect to fees and expenditures.
- Review and make recommendations to the Council regarding policy issues relating to operating budgets, and expenditures.
- At the request of Council, review the investment management activities of the organization.
- To be eligible for appointment and to and serve on the Finance Committee a regulated member must:
- Be a current (active) regulated member of the CDTA;
- Be in good standing with the CDTA and any other colleges of regulated health professions that they are a member of;
- Consistently maintain all professional obligations without interruption for the three years immediately prior to their appointment;
- Practice in full compliance with CDTA Standards of Practice, Code of Ethics, Administrative Policies, Position Statements, and Directives; and Have successfully completed their most recent continuing competence audit.
- The Finance Committee meets virtually.
- Meetings occur as needed.
Expenses and Compensation:
Committee members are entitled to claim for reasonable expenses, including travel, and accommodations. Committee members may claim an honorarium for attending meetings and other required functions. Committee members are not employees of the College.